July 26, 2011

Review of "Passion" Lauren Kate

"Passion"
Lauren Kate


Passion ((Fallen))2

Pub. Date: June 14, 2011
Pages: 420
Publisher: Random House Children's Books


SynopsisLuce would die for Daniel.
And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .
Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.
Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.
Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.
Sweeping across centuries, PASSION is the third novel in the unforgettably epic FALLEN series.

I loved the first two books in the series and I thought Lauren Kate set up for a fantastic third book, but sadly "Passion" was only okay.  I spent most of the novel wanting to punch Luce in the face.  I just thought her judgment was TERRIBLE!  She didn't really question anything that was happening to her and was far too trusting of others.  There was too much time spent with Luce and not enough with other characters.  There were only two other characters that played a significant role in the book, and I was not a fan of one of them.

In the first two books I thought the endings were surprising and extremely climactic, but "Passion"'s ending was the opposite.  I thought it was predictable and I wasn't sure why all the characters were so shocked.  Luce's quest to learn more about her relationship was interesting for about half the book, but by page 200 I was sick of seeing Luce combust.

I really was looking forward to this book, but I honestly don't think I learned much more about Luce and Daniel's relationship.  It was pretty much exactly what I thought it would be without any surprises.  I think I could have done without this book and skipped to the final book without feeling like I missed anything.  I will probably read the final book in the series, but I will definitely go in skeptical.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have read the book passion and I loved passion and especially I am in loved with the lots of characters of this book. Great book and I thank you for the submission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t read this yet but I am sure I am bit excited with the review and seeking to read in the future.

    ReplyDelete