November 2, 2011

Review of "Forever"

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
My Rating:
Pub. Date: July 12, 2011
Pages: 400
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc
Source: Purchased
Edition: Hardcover

Synopsis: In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.


"Forever" is a great ending to a wonderful series.  I loved the first two books in the "Wolves of Mercy Falls" series and "Forever" left me content even if I was a bit sad.  I liked the new spin on werewolves and the romance between Grace and Sam in the series.  I have to say I was disappointed in the lack of Sam and Grace interaction at the beginning of the book.  I know this was to be expected, but it just went too long without it.  Their connection as wolves almost makes up for the lack of connection between them at the beginning of the book.

The beginning of the book went very slowly for me.  Even though there were things happening, I was kind of wondering when the book would really start.  Luckily, once "Forever" got started it held me until the end.

I did like learning more about Cole.  It was nice to see a different side of him.  He seemed like a bizarre addition to the wolves, but I understood why Beck chose him by the end of "Forever".  He is also a great comic relief in the book and is pretty crush worthy.  He lightens up the mood when Sam starts brooding too much.  I also LOVED seeing him interact with Isabel.

If drool worthy male characters, romance, and werewolves aren't enough to keep your interest then there is also the plan to wipe out the entire pack.  Isabel's father has finally had enough and he is taking out all the stops to destroy these wolves.

"Forever" is a good book, but it has its faults.  Maggie's writing is beautiful as ever and I enjoyed the new text color.  I just really wanted to see more of a connection between Grace and Sam.  I was completely satisfied with the ending and was a bit sad that the series was over.  If highly recommend reading the author's notes at the end of the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment