August 27, 2009

Thursday Update

I remember I came up with this in February and I cannot remember the last time I posted on of these... oh well! Better to get back on track late than never! I'll refresh your memory about the purpose of these posts: sometimes I want to share random information about stuff I'm watching or anything else that may be fun information other people want to know... but then I never end up posting it because it has nothing to do with books. These posts will allow me to share this information without letting it overtake the main purpose of this blog. I'll try to post these every week, but life sometimes gets in the way of these things.
This week I saw the movie "District 9". I wasn't really sure what to expect from the movie because I heard it was fantastic, but I didn't want to know too much about the plot. I like being surprised and people tend to give a little too much information away. Honestly the movie was awesome. It isn't the typical aliens attacking thriller movie a lot of people expect and that's why it was so great. There was a lot of depth behind the plot and the movie made the aliens sympathetic. It was almost like watching a movie about minorities being persecuted, but it was aliens. It had scenes that were hard to watch and a bit disturbing, but that's what made it so great. Those kind of scenes made the movie believable. It's a movie that definitely makes you think. I didn't even realize this movie was rated R until I looked it up right now because I ALWAYS get carded going into rated R movies and this time I didn't! I guess I finally look older than a high school student. So sorry if I just got some of you really excited about a movie you can't see.
Other exciting news... I joined a gym. I used to work out all the time, but then I got an internship and had no time. I also am trying to live on a really strict budget and my building has a gym in it, but it is way too hot to work out in and most of the machines are broken. Now I have a membership to Bally's, which I am loving so far. It isn't too expensive, but there aren't a lot of locations. I haven't taken any classes, but I hope to do so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment