May 14, 2011

5 Minute Zombie Makeover and List of Zombie Books

(If I had gotten a close up on my face and taken the picture at the beginning of the night instead of the end it would have looked a lot better, but oh well!  Too late!)
Things you will need:
1- Black eyeshadow
2- Clothing you don't mind possibly ruining or tearing
3- Red Gel Food Coloring (I used Betty Crocker and it worked great)
4- A very light shade of liquid foundation.
5- Some kind of hair gel that will keep your hair looking messy

What you need to do:
1- Get dressed in clothing you don't mind possibly ruining with fake blood or tearing to look more rugged.
2-Make your hair look at messy as possible using some kind of styling gel.  
3-Put on a good coat of the liquid foundation (do not add blush!).  
4-Put black eye shadow underneath your eyes with your finger.  
5-Smear the red gel food coloring all over your body.  Be sure to get some on your lips and all over your chin.  

TA-DA!  I'm not sure how the food coloring would look if you smeared it on your clothing because I didn't go that far.  I am just posting this because I found a lot of information online that made the makeup aspect seem so much more complicated.  I was trying to add the food coloring into corn syrup, but it just was way too pale.  I even tried adding things like chocolate syrup, a drop of blue food coloring, and other ingredients.  There probably is a way to make terrific blood using corn syrup and food coloring, but if you just want something super fast that looks good then I am just trying to save you some time and effort!  I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the food coloring off, but I had it on my skin for almost 6 hours with no problems.  It came off in the shower with regular soap and no scrubbing.  I am glad that I wont be freaking out all the children in the Children's Department tomorrow! :)

Looking for your next great Zombie Read?  Here is a list of Zombie Books:
"Forest of Hands and Teeth" Series- Carrie Ryan
The Forest of Hands and TeethThe Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth)The Dark and Hollow Places (Forest of Hands and Teeth, Book 3) 
"Zombies vs. Unicorns"- Holly Black
Zombies vs. Unicorns 
"Zombie Blondes"- Brian James
Zombie Blondes 
"Zombie Queen of Newbury High"- Amanda Ashby
Zombie Queen of Newbury High 
"Generation Dead" Series- Daniel Waters
Generation DeadGeneration Dead: Kiss of LifeGeneration Dead: Passing Strange 
"Rot & Ruin"- Jonathan Maberry
Rot & Ruin 
"Beautiful Dead" Series-  Eden Maguire
Beautiful Dead Book 1: JonasArizona (Beautiful Dead)Summer (Beautiful Dead)Phoenix (Beautiful Dead)

 
"World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War"- Max Brooks
 World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
"You are so Undead to Me" and other Megan Berry Books- Stacey Jay
You Are So Undead to Me (Megan Berry, Book 1)Undead Much? (Megan Berry, Book 2)Valentine's Day of the Undead (Megan Berry)
"Never Slow Dance With a Zombie"- E. Van Lowe
Never Slow Dance with a Zombie

If anyone has other Zombie Book suggestions please comment.  Maybe I'll do a post about zombie movies...

4 comments:

  1. There is also the whole Pride and Prejudice and Zombies series! I just started reading it, and it is hilarious to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend THE ENEMY by Charlie Higson. A prequel, THE DEAD, will be released in June 2011. The third book, THE FEAR, will be released in the autumn. I’m fascinated by humans’ fascination with books about monstrous cannibals. I read these books as part of my ongoing study of Earth literature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea "The Enemy" was a zombie book. I read the synopsis and it sounds very interesting. I think it will go on my to read pile. I'm not sure how I forgot about "Pride, Prejudice and Zombies". Thanks for recommending these books Jessi and Morzant. :)
    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee, Your reply to my comment is interesting and timely. Moments ago I had a discussion with a human who is currently reading THE ENEMY and she seems agree with you that it is not a zombie book. This particular human argued that these particular cannibalistic creatures are merely sick with a disease that makes them crave human flesh as opposed to being corpses who crave human flesh. Apparently I need to study the zombie phenomenon more carefully because I fail to understand the distinction. However, as a scientist I won’t allow my personal reservations to cloud my research. Thank you for your contribution to my studies.

    I should also point out that THE FEAR will be released in the autumn, but not on Earth’s North American continent.

    ReplyDelete