May 9, 2014

Review of "The One" by Kiera Cass

The One by Kiera Cass
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Pub. Date: May 6th 2014
Pages: 323

Short and Sweet Synopsis:  In the third book of "The Selection" series, we finally find out if Maxon will choose America to be his queen!!!  There are also rebels trying to kill people all the time and the small problem of Aspen, America's first love, being a guard in the castle.  Oh the DRAMA!!!

I loved this book so much that I read it in one night! I got into bed expecting to read a few pages and ended up finishing the book.  This was such a great series and I'm happy that it held up from start to finish.

Even though I new how it would end, it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book.  I just loved the characters and enjoyed seeing what antics they would be up to next.   Whether it was sneaking around the castle, wearing another ridiculous gown, or openly defying royalty;  I just couldn't get enough!

If you are a fan of romance, humor, big dresses, and dystopia;  then this is the perfect series for you!  It doesn't sound like it would be a recipe for a great book, but it's kind of like ketchup and eggs.  Sounds disgusting and an affront to breakfast,  but you eventually try it and find you can't have eggs without ketchup.

I just realized that the series is over and I feel sad.  What will I do without America and Maxon banter?!?!  As I say this, I wonder if it is really over... YA authors are tricky with their series.  There could be more!!!  Maybe I don't have reason to fret!  For the time being, does anyone know of another amazingly hilarious YA couple?  I think I'm going through withdrawal already...


No comments:

Post a Comment