February 26, 2009

2008 to 2009 Cybils Winners!

The Cybils Winners were announced while I was on vacation! Sorry this is such a late post, but it is helpful information! I'm highlighting here the teen books that won.

YA Fantasy and Science Fiction:
"The Hunger Games"
by Suzanne Collins

YA Graphic Novel:
"Emiko Superstar"
by Mariko Tamaki
illustrated by Steve Rolston


YA Non-Fiction:
"The Year We Disappeared: A Father Daughter Memoir"
by Cylin Busby and John Busby


YA Fiction:
"The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks"
by E Lockhart


Click here for more information on other winners.

I have to say that I'm really excited that "The Hunger Games" got the recognition it deserves.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Aimee,

    This is your roommate, Scott, who wants to send you Watchmen!

    What's your email address, dork

    LOVE,

    - S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,

    Super! Send away to:
    aigagnon@gmail.com

    it's too late to come up with anything clever...

    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Nice.

    I'm looking forward to reading The Hunger Games. However, it's not available for the Kindle and I will keep holding out, hoping that it will be released soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is surprising that it isn’t available on Kindle… although it is probably up to the publisher. I definitely think that it is a book worth buying in hardcover.

    ReplyDelete