June 7, 2009

On my chair

This is where I post the books that I borrow from the library, buy, or I receive via mail in the last week.

"Catching Fire"
by Suzane Collins

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

I am SO lucky my friend let me borrow her ARC for "Catching Fire"! She is amazing for allowing! I am only slightly jealous that she received the copy that came into work; however, I'm glad she got it because she introduced me to the series and it is one of my favorites.

"My Most Excellent Year"
by Steve Kluger

Best friends and unofficial brothers since they were six, ninth-graders T.C. and Augie have got the world figured out. But that all changes when both friends fall in love for the first time. Enter Alé. She's pretty, sassy, and on her way to Harvard. T.C. falls hard, but Alé is playing hard to get. Meanwhile, Augie realizes that he's got a crush on a boy. It's not so clear to him, but to his family and friends, it's totally obvious! Told in alternating perspectives, this is the hilarious and touching story of their most excellent year, where these three friends discover love, themselves, and how a little magic and Mary Poppins can go a long way.

I am also really excited about this book because I've heard a lot of fantastic things. I was lucky enough to get the last signed copy at work, so hopefully it will live up to my expectations.

"The Truth About Forever"
by Sarah Dessen

Sixteen-year-old Macy Queen is looking forward to a long, boring summer. Her boyfriend is going away. She’s stuck with a dull-asdishwater job at the library. And she’ll spend all of her free time studying for the SATs or grieving silently with her mother over her father’s recent unexpected death. But everything changes when Macy is corralled into helping out at one of her mother’s open house events, and she meets the chaotic Wish Catering crew. Before long, Macy joins the Wish team. She loves everything about the work and the people. But the best thing about Wish is Wes—artistic, insightful, and understanding Wes—who gets Macy to look at life in a whole new way, and really start living it….

This meme (In My Mailbox) is brought to you by Kristi's (The Story Siren)
Synopses taken from Barnes and Noble (www.bn.com).

5 comments:

  1. I love Sarah Dessen books and I've been wanting to read My Most Excellent Year for quite a while. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome week! Love Truth About Forever, it's one of my favorites.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome books you got this week. I really liked The Truth About Forever. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list. I love Sarah Dessen. Have you read This Lullaby? Here are mine. (1) and (2)

    ReplyDelete
  5. still have to read a Dessen. enjoy Catching Fire. i'm looking forward to its release.

    ReplyDelete