June 9, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: "Catching Fire"

"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"
by Suzanne Collins
Excerpt from page 24:

"I don't know... I don't..." My revulsion at this conversation, at discussing my feelings for two of the people I care most about with President Snow, chokes me off.

"Speak, Miss Everdeen. Him I can easily kill off if we don't come to a happy resolution," he says.

I know that this teaser is longer than two sentences, but it just cut it off too much without the last one! I did finish "Catching Fire" and it was AMAZING! I am going to be reviewing it this week, but I'm a little behind on my reviews.

Teaser Tuesdays was started by MizB on her blog. On Teaser Tuesdays participants are asked to grab the book they are currently reading and open it to a random page. Then fist two "teaser" sentences on that page between lines 7 and 12. The key is to entice readers to pick up the book without giving away any spoilers.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard GREAT things about Catching Fire, but I haven't read the first one yet. Now I have to get going on this series. It's so popular and sounds really addictive. Good teaser!

    ReplyDelete