June 28, 2009

On My Chair

This is where I post the books that I borrow from the library, buy, or I receive via mail in the last week.

"Beastly"by Alex Flinn

I lived in darkness now. I started sleeping during the day, walking the streets and riding the subways at night, when no one could really see me. I knew now what it was to be desperate. I knew what it was to skulk in darkness, looking for some little bit of hope and finding nothing. I knew what it was to be so lonely you could kill for it. I wished I had an opera house. I wished I had a cathedral. I wished I could climb to the top of the Empire State Building like King Kong. Instead, I had only the anonymous streets of New York with their millions of stupid, clueless people... I scared me.

I also borrowed Charlaine Harris's "All Together Dead" book 7 of the "Southern Vampire Detective" Series. Even though this book isn't a teen book, it is still one of my favorite vampire series. Definitely for a mature audience. Although, honestly I could do without some of the sexual content.

This meme (In My Mailbox) is brought to you by Kristi's (The Story Siren)

9 comments:

  1. I have Beastly in my TBR pile. I hope to get to it within a few months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep going to the bookstore and putting Beastly in my hands and then I always tend to put it back...arrrggg. One of these days it is going to get purchased

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Beastly! I hope you enjoy it. I know they're going to be making a movie of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beastly looks interesting, I hadn't heard of it until now. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great book, I haven't read it yet but I got it out of the library a while ago. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ravenous Reader- I have been doing the same thing for at least a month at work so I was happy to be able to borrow it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen- I saw something on IMDB about a movie titled Beastly, but I wasn't sure if it was about the book. Hopefully it will be able to do the book justice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm getting beastly soon, too. love the beauty and the beast theme.

    ReplyDelete