January 15, 2010

"Fallen" is Fantastic!

"Fallen"
Lauren Kate


6


Pub. Date: December 2009
Pages: 464

Synopsis: There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic,
Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

I don't usually buy books in Hardcover because I don't have a lot of money and I can borrow them for free at work, but "Fallen" is a book that is worth the money. I could not get enough of this book, it was painful when I was reading during my lunch break and I had to put it down. I just wanted to know what was going to happen next. There are so many mysteries in this book and I just HAD to know all of them. I wanted to know the truth about Cam and Daniel. Even though Daniel was really rude to Luce, there were hints that he had other feelings. Cam was constantly infatuated with her, but there was just something about him that put me off. I also needed to know more about the librarian at Sword and Cross, she just seemed to know more than she was telling Luce.

I thought it was really interesting how the setting of the book was in a reform school filled with teen criminals. The grounds of the school were very creepy, especially since there was a graveyard there. It just added an extra creep factor. The fact that all the students had pasts made them interesting to get to know. It was hard to tell who was genuine and whom Luce had to watch out for. If the dangers of the student body weren't enough, the strange shadows that Luce has seen her whole life seem to becoming more aggressive. These shadows were what got Luce sent to Sword and Cross and she worries about their power.

After reading this book I just wanted more. I wanted for more of the mysteries to be revealed, especially about the characters in the book. I would recommend this book to anyone who liked the book "Hush, Hush" or other paranormal romance books. If you haven't checked out the website yet, it is really cool. There is an archive that shows the school's files about the students at Sword and Cross. It does give some things away about the characters, but nothing too important. There is a trailer for the book as well as an excerpt. Click here to go to the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment