April 30, 2010

Book Review Policy, Author Interviews, and Author Events



Book Review Policy

Timing

I wish I could say I was a super-fast reader, but sadly I am a bit of a slow poke. Sometimes I can read a book in a day or two, while other books will take me a week. I will do my best to get to any books up for review in a timely manner, but I do have a "To Be Read" pile that I try to stick to.


What I Like to Read

I read a wide variety of books, but for the purposes of this blog please only send me books marketed for teens or that involve teen characters with teen audience appeal. My favorite teen genres are fantasy, sci-fi, horror, paranormal romance, realistic fiction, and adventure books. I also enjoy romance, mysteries, and historical fiction. The only genre that I don't usually read is non-fiction, but I do enjoy that from time to time.

My Reviews

I am very honest in my reviews and sometimes I just plain don't like a book, but I always try to simply give my opinion and ultimately let it be known that I am just one person. I will not sugar coat my opinions, but I don't bash authors or books either.

Format

I do have a Nook, so I do accept Barnes and Noble ebooks. If the book is an e-pub or PDF file and compatible with the Nook, then I would be glad to accept that as well. ARCs and finished copies are also welcome.


Author Interviews

If you would like me to add an author interview or anything else to my blog, I would be happy to do one via e-mail. With my crazy work schedule I usually have issues finding time to make calls at reasonable hours of the day and night, this means that phone interviews would be very difficult for me to swing. I doubt many authors would be up to face-to-face interviews, but let me know if this would be their preferred method. Just be sure to keep in mind that I am from Massachusetts.


Author Events

If any teen authors would be interested in doing a signing or another type of event at a small town library outside of the Boston Area, then please let me know. Our library has a teen area and we are always looking for new events to host!

Contacting Me

Feel free to contact me at abookdork (a) gmail (dot) com with any questions, books you would like reviewed, or anything else I can help you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment