September 26, 2010

On My Chair

Here are the books I am currently reading, books I have bought, borrowed or have been sent to me, and books I am planning on starting this week (this post was inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox).
Another slow week for me, I am still reading "Paranormalcy", but I did borrow a couple of other books from the library as well.

"The Replacement"
Brenna Yovanoff
Pub. Date: September 21, 2010

Synopsis: Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.

Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.

Edward Scissorhands meets The Catcher in the Rye in this wildly imaginative and frighteningly beautiful horror novel about an unusual boy and his search for a place to belong.

"Ink Exchange"
Melissa Marr
Pub. Date: April 29, 2008

Synopsis: Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.

Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.

The tattoo does bring changes not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils...

So far, I am enjoying "Ink Exchange" and I am really excited to start "The Replacement" soon. What are you planning to read this week?

2 comments:

  1. Ink Exchange is one of my favorite books ever. I am in love with Irial :) I hope you enjoy it, because even though it's confusing at times, the story really begins to come together in following books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard awesome things about Ink Exchange, and I really want to read The Replacement!! Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete