April 27, 2012

Review "Wesley the Owl"

“Wesley the Owl”
by  Stacey O'Brien
My Rating:
Pub. Date: June 2, 2009
Pages: 256
Publisher: Free Press
Source: Library
Edition: e-audio book
Short and Sweet Synopsis:  A really touching book about a woman who raises an owl.


I found this book to be completely charming.  I learned a lot about owls and it really was a nice story.  I had no idea that owls were so emotional.  Even though there were parts of the book where I was just cringing because of the more gruesome ways that Stacey O'Brien had to care for Wesley, I still kind of wanted to adopt an owl.  Wesley was just such a sweetheart, I couldn't imagine a more loving companion.


  I will admit, I have always loved owls.  I actually have a tattoo of a tree with books blooming, instead of flowers, with an owl sitting in it.  I not only think they are beautiful creatures, but I love that they stand for wisdom and are the sacred birds of Athena.  I am going to be completely bias; however, I don't generally read non-fiction, so I think the fact I read this book in such a short period of time without getting board says a lot.  


I would recommend this book for animal lovers or people interested in learning about owls.  I would also recommend this book to anyone looking to read a quick biography.  Honestly, there is not much more I can say about the book, just give it a shot.


Here is a video of the author talking about Wesley.




No comments:

Post a Comment