January 4, 2015

Happy 2015: Refocusing on Blogging!

Dear Readers,

2014 was both wonderful and difficult for me. I got married at the end of 2013 to a wonderful guy and we had an amazing year together. I have definitely grown as a person, but I feel like I have lost something important to me in the last year or two. I have gotten away from this book blog, but not for lack or reading. I'm still passionate about reading and Young Adult is still my favorite book genre. I have missed blogging about the great books I have discovered and I feel like I have been missing out on so much in the YA book community because of my failure to blog. In 2015 I want to jump back into blogging about YA books. 

With that said, I want to be realistic. I wont have the time to post long reviews that are paragraphs and paragraphs long, but I will write short reviews that will shine light on what I found successful, or maybe unsuccessful, in the books I have encountered. I personally appreciate short reviews that do not give away any plot points, instead indicating why a book is worth reading. I hope that other people appreciate this minimalist way of reviewing books, but I can understand if I lose some readers who want an in-depth analysis of each book.

To keep myself on track, I'm going to be signing up for some reading challenges. I haven't decided yet which ones I will be doing, but a post is in the works!

I'm excited to be starting a new year and getting back to this blog I love. Happy 2015 everyone!

-Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment