January 12, 2015

Review of My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Pub. Date: October 14th 2014 
Pages: 320

Short Sweet Synopsis: Twelve holiday love stories by twelve spectacular young adult authors.

My True Love Gave to Me is filled with enchanting holiday stories that I couldn't put down. It is a mix of genres, so if you aren't a fan of fantasy or paranormal then you probably will not like all the stories; same goes if you don't like realistic fiction. Luckily for me I'm an eclectic reader and My True Love Gave to Me featured many of my favorite authors. As the title indicates, these are all love stories; if you aren't looking for cozy holiday romance stories then this is not the book for you. Not all of the stories are light, some of them are pretty dark featuring some big issues, but all of the stories leave you with that warm holiday feeling. Yes, that sounds like complete Cheez Whiz, but it is the best way I know how to describe how I felt after reading My True Love Gave to Me.

I started My True Love Gave to Me because I wanted more Rainbow Rowell, she is my new favorite author, and kept reading because each story hooked me immediately. That is what blew me away most about this collection, I have a hard time picking a favorite story. Instead of there being only a few standout stories, every mini world felt special. I fell in love with all of them and was sad to move on so soon.

My True Love Gave to Me is a must listen for audiobook fans as it is performed by some of my favorite narrators. The audiobook had a particularly special meaning for me because reading holiday stories out loud used to be a family tradition. 

My True Love Gave to Me was one of my favorite books I read in 2014. I was going to post a different review today, but I wanted to make sure I shared this book that is so special to me. I loved this book so much that I purchased it for my permanent collection. I can't wait to read My True Love Game to Me again next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment