March 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: "Wake"

teasertuesdays3
"Wake"
Lisa McMann
Excerpt from page 72:
"She also sees him, a raging maniac. A scarred-face lunatic with knife-fingers, who repeatedly stabs, slices, and beheads one middle-aged man, over and over and over again."

Teaser Tuesdays was started by MizB on her blog. On Teaser Tuesdays participants are asked to grab the book they are currently reading and open it to a random page. Then fist two "teaser" sentences on that page between lines 7 and 12. The key is to entice readers to pick up the book without giving away any spoilers. I thought this sounded like a fun way to promote books, so this is my first entry.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That really grabs ya! Keep us posted as to how you like the book. Happy first Teaser!
    My Teasers (both different) are up at both The Eclectic Witch Teaser #2 and Thorne's World Teaser #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great teaser! This was my first time participating in Tuesday Teaser also. It's good to find another "new" person. :-)

    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is totally gross! Sounds like Freddy Kruger nightmares. Great Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a disturbing teaser. I do love the book though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great teaser! Anyone who hasn't read the book is probably freaking out and will never want to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your comments. I was hoping I'd flip to a good page and I definitely did!

    ReplyDelete