May 24, 2009

On My Chair


This is where I post the books that I borrow from the library, buy, or I receive via mail in the last week.
Since I haven't posted in a while, I am going to be including a book that I received a few weeks ago.

"Something To Blog About" by Shana NorrisSynopsis: Boys, bullies, and blogs! Libby Fawcett decides to start a secret blog so that she can have an outlet to vent her feelings and frustrations. When Seth Jacobs (her crush since eighth grade) witnesses her tragic (and comic) run-in with a Bunsen burner in chemistry class, or when she finds out that her mother is dating the father of her arch-nemesis, Angel Rodriguez, she’s able to keep a level head and make it through school each day with each blog posting. But when her entries get posted all over for the whole world to see, will Libby be able to walk the halls—or face Seth—ever again?

"Rooftops of Tehran" by Mahbod Seraji
Synopsis In a middle-class neighborhood of Iran's sprawling capital city, 17-year-old Pasha Shahed spends the summer of 1973 on his rooftop with his best friend Ahmed, joking around one minute and asking burning questions about life the next. He also hides a secret love for his beautiful neighbor Zari, who has been betrothed since birth to another man. But the bliss of Pasha and Zari's stolen time together is shattered when Pasha unwittingly acts as a beacon for the Shah's secret police. The violent consequences awaken him to the reality of living under a powerful despot, and lead Zari to make a shocking choice...

I am really excited about this book because I won it from a contest on Carrie's YA Bookshelf. Thanks Carrie for posting a contest for this title, I never would have about this book if it weren't for your posts about it!

I also borrowed "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson, but I believe most people are pretty familiar with this title so I won't be posting a picture or putting a synopsis. I have heard so many great things about Anderson's books, but I haven't read any. I figured it was time to crack one open!

I borrowed this idea from Kristi's (The Story Siren) posts entitled "In My Mailbox".

9 comments:

  1. Wish I had one of those mini chairs! They look so comfy and cute:-D
    -AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy- It is pretty awesome. And perfect for a small apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like your books!
    I didn't like Speak. I just thought it took awile for the issue to be brought up. But I know almost everyone liked it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome books, I've never heard of any of them before but they look good. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished Rooftops of Tehran. It is a must read! You get immersed in the characters and the plot with every page....I didnt want it to end.
    Definitely looking out for Seraji's next book....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Callie- It is nice to hear your opinion of the book. I always like to hear when people disagree with the consensus on a particular title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simone- Thanks for your comment! I think I may have to bump the book up closer to the top of my pile. Marked is the next book I will be reading... it is slightly late to the library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books! Something to blog about looks really cute. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liyana- Yeah that's the reason I picked it up. I'm such a sucker for cute things!

    ReplyDelete