May 5, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: "The Last Olympian"

"Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Last Olympian"
by Rick Riordan
Excerpt from page 55:

The more nervous I am, the worse my reading gets. "A half-blood of the eldest gods... shall reach sixteen against all odds..."

I am sooo excited to read this book! I just came out today and I was freaking out because my store ran out of copies! Luckily I went to a different one that had plenty. If you haven't read this series, I seriously suggest that you go to the bookstore right now and buy all five books. This is one of my favorite series of all time. Rick Riordan's writing is both humorous and action packed. Even though these are technically geared towards a younger crowd, anyone will get sucked into this series. I already got a bunch of people at work hooked on it. : ) I really hope this final book lives up to the rest of the series.

Now that I'm on the topic of Rick Riordan, I am going to his signing next week and I am super excited! I am getting a bunch of books signed and I may even get a couple of extra signed for the first contest I will hold. If everything turns out the way I hope then I'll be posting more about this by the end of next week.

Teaser Tuesdays was started by MizB on her blog. On Teaser Tuesdays participants are asked to grab the book they are currently reading and open it to a random page. Then fist two "teaser" sentences on that page between lines 7 and 12. The key is to entice readers to pick up the book without giving away any spoilers.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmn if it's about the Grecian gods than I might like.
    Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently every young person in the country is reading this book right now! It does sound like an exciting series, though, and those are great teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bluestocking-
    Yes it is about the Greek gods and goddesses. It is set in the modern day and tells the story of some of their half-blood sons and daughters. The books reference a lot of the classic stories and lore as well, so they are really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book completely BLEW ME AWAY!!! It has everything: romance, action, suspense. I love how Percy and Annabeth fall in love at the end. You can really tell that the characters have matured a lot and it makes me want to start at the beginning all over again. So basically I LOVED the book and I think it was the best book in the series BY FAR!!! I am really going to miss this series a lot!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete