May 26, 2009

Perfect Conclusion to the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" Series

"Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Last Olympian"
Rick Riordan


6


With Percy's 16th Birthday only days away, the final battle for Western Civilization draws near. Krono's army has gained strength due support from the demi-gods and half-bloods that were recruited into his cause. As if worrying about the fate of the world isn't enough, Percy has a prophecy looming over his shoulders coming into fulfillment. With the gods and goddesses spread across the United States battling the Titan's forces, Mount Olympus is left vulnerable to attacks. Will Percy and the other half-bloods be able to create a strong enough alliance to help save Mount Olympus? Or will petty arguments and egos lead to the destruction of the modern world?

As with all of Rick Riordan's books, "The Last Olympian" grabs you from start to finish. Riordan's final installment wraps the whole series up wonderfully and is very satisfying. You can really tell the detail that was put into the characters throughout the series when reading the final book. Even though characters may have done things that surprise you, they didn’t do anything completely out of left field and stayed true to themselves from start to finish. All the characters that you love in the series make appearances and some that may have eluded us a bit in other books have important roles in the final story. I honestly don’t think there could have been a better completion to the series. I loved Riordan’s writing from beginning to end and I’m excited to read more of his works.

Incase you didn’t catch my earlier post about the signing I went to, Riordan announced that he will be releasing a new series about Camp Half-Blood next year. Some of the characters from the “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” series might show their faces, but the series will focus on new characters. I really would like to say more about the series, but it would give some spoilers away from the final book. Let’s just say Riordan leaves us with some interesting twists that will be explored in the new series. I cannot wait to see where the new series takes us!

Also, don't forget to enter the contest I have going for the 1st and final books in the series. Both books are hardcover copies that I had signed especially to give out on this blog. I kind of feel like a broken record about this contest, but this series is definitely at the top of my list for favorite books of all time. I just want more people to fall in love with it as I have.

2 comments:

  1. I want to read this one SO bad. I just love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the series... cant wait for Blood of Olympus!!! XD

    ReplyDelete