November 27, 2009

2010 Debut Author Challenge

Now that I'm finishing up school I will have time to do a lot more reading. One great way to make sure I stay on task is to sign up for challenges, so I am signing up for the 2010 Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren.
  • Kristy is challenging us to read at least 12 debut YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels.
  • The challenges runs between January 1st 2010 to December 31st, 2010.
  • You don't have to be a blogger to participate.
  • The books need to be released in 2010.
Click here for more information about the challenge. Kristy has listed some websites to go to when choosing your books for the challenge. These books can change throughout the year so don't worry if you feel like reading books that aren't on your original list.

Books I plan on reading:

Bleeding Violet- Dia Reeves (January 5th)
The Secret Year- Jennifer Hubbard (January 7th)
The Iron King- Julie Kagawa (February 1st)
Dirty Little Secrets- C.J. Omololu (February 2nd)
Forget-Her-Nots- Amy Brecount White (March 2nd)
The Body Finder- Kimberly Derting (March 16th)
Three Rivers Rising- James Richards (April 13th)
The Red Umbrella- Christina Gonzalez (May 11th)
Sea- Heidi R. Kling (June 10th)
A Love Story: Starring My Dead Best Friend- Emily Horner (June 10th)
Tell Me a Secret- Holly Cupala (June 22nd)
Other- Karen Kincy (July 1st)
Paranormalcy- Kiersten White (Fall)
Freefall- Mindi Scott (Fall)

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great list. Have fun reading next year and ofcourse this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SUCH a fan of this challenge : ) Yay books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Aimee! So excited you want to read Forget-Her-Nots!

    -Amy (Brecount White)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy Three Rivers Rising! Thanks for including it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! so happy to see you joined the challenge! it's going to be so much fun and you have a fantastic list of novels! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy- It sounds like a fantastic book and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jame- I am really excited to read your book. Congrats on getting your first book published!

    Congrats to Amy as well.

    Finishing a book is a huge challenge and getting it published is not easy either. I hope I can speak for all book lovers when I say that we appreciate all the hard work you put into your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to have an early copy of SEA by Heidi Kling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you too Kiersten! I can't believe I have to wait almost a whole year for your book to come out, but hopefully I'll be able to keep myself busy until then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristy- I'm really happy that I'll have the time next year to read all these great books. I am really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daisy- Getting your hands on an ARC is one of the best feelings ever. I hope you enjoy Sea, it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, tell me about it. LONGEST YEAR EVER. I mean, umm, I'm a very patient person... : ) So many good books to keep you occupied in the meantime, though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for including Sea on your list!

    ReplyDelete