November 29, 2009

Hooked on "Hush, Hush"

"Hush, Hush"
Becca Fitzpatrick

6

Synopsis: For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

"Hush, Hush" had me hooked from start to finish. I listened to the audio of the book in the car and soon found myself blaring my computer speakers in order to hear it over my washing of dishes. I never listen to audio in my apartments because my TV and movies are there, but I ignored my TV to listen to "Hush, Hush". There was a lot of mystery in this book and I'm not just talking about Patch's history. Fitzpatrick kept me at the edge of my seat trying to figure out who was harassing Nora and whether or not Patch could be trusted. Beyond the mystery I found the fallen angel plot to be very interesting. I have to say I've never really been one of those people who found angels to be interesting in the least, well besides Angel as in the character David Boreanaz played, but Fitzpatrick has me wanting more! Luckily I hear there is a sequel coming out next fall called "Crescendo", that is definitely going on my list. If a plot full of twists and turns isn't enough for you, then there is always the crush worthy Patch who is the perfect mysterious bad boy.

If you like romance, paranormal, mystery, and dark handsome men then this is DEFINITELY the book for you. If you are a fan of at least two of the previously described themes then you will should check out the book. Simon & Schuster have an audio clip of an excerpt of the book as well as a couple of the first few chapters. Preview those by clicking here. If you are still unsure about reading the book, then maybe this amazing trailer will convince you.

4 comments:

  1. There's been so much talk about this book, even before it came out. Glad to see the talk wasn't for nothing. I'll definitely be reading this. :) Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one had me hooked from the beginning to. I read it all in a weekend, fitting it in every free moment I had to find out what was going to happen with Nora and Patch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brianne- I was worried it wouldnt' live up to the hype, but "Hush, Hush" does. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are not much site that would explain in such details. I really like the way you detailed the product.

    ReplyDelete