April 12, 2009

On My Chair

I am really excited to say that I have obtained a lot of great books this week including a couple of ARCs!!!
"Emily the Strange: The Lost Days"
by Rob Reger and Jessica Gruner

Harpercollins Publishers

On-Sale: June 2009

I am so excited that I stumbled upon this at work the other day! I've seen Emily the Strange stuff at Hot Topic and Newbury Comics, so I'm pretty excited to see how she develops into a character in print. Also, it seems like it is right up my ally being both cute and twisted.

"Jake Ransom and the Skull King's Shadow"
by James Rollins
Harpercollins Publishers
On-Sale: April 28th, 2009

James Rollins is releasing his first book for children, but he believes that it will appeal to older audiences as well. I hope that the book is as amazing as it sounds! To learn more about the book and watch a video of the author just click here.

I also borrowed a few books this week including "The Roar" by Emma Clayton, "Ranger's Apprentice: The Burning Bridge" by John Flanagan, "Ranger's Apprentice: The Icebound Land" by Flanagan, and "Inkheart" by Cornelia Funke. I am obviously in a fantasy mood lately.

4 comments:

  1. I got the same two books at work this week. We might just work for the same corporation of which I am also a Children's Lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie-
    I believe you are correct! What I think is really funny is that I'm also a library student. We are like the same person, just in different parts of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily the Strange: The Lost Days looks good. I can't wait to see what you think about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice book week! i need to read the ranger's apprentice! i've heard really good things about them, but i've yet to pick them up. happy reading

    ReplyDelete