April 2, 2009

Thursday Update

Not much to update non book related, so I might add a little book info here.
I caught "Sydney White" on TV the other day. I was surprised that it was actually really cute. If you aren't familiar with the movie it is a modernization of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". Sydney is left homeless after not getting accepted into a sorority and seven dorks take her in. It is kind of cheesy, but the actors seem to be aware of it and they embrace it. It was definitely enjoyable.
Have you ever wanted to put bacon on anything whenever or where ever you wanted? Now you can with Baconnaise! It is a bacon flavored spread, which comes in both regular and light! This sounds so weird to me that I just had to share it. I'm not a huge fan of bacon unless it is for breakfast, but the name just grosses me out that I can't stop thinking about it. It's like bacon flavored mayonnaise... EWWWW. Click here for more information about this... interesting product!
Now more book talk!
I know that I’ve had “Eragon” on my “currently reading” Shelfari list for a while, but I have to confess that even though I got halfway through the audio books I’m not going to finish it. The book wasn’t horrible enough that I just couldn’t read anymore, it is just that it didn’t captivate me enough to keep my attention. I just found myself not caring about the plot anymore and falling asleep in the car. I don’t really know if it was just the audio that was the problem because I was pretty annoyed by the voices of the characters, but I just didn’t care about what was going to happen next. It was just too slow placed because of all the descriptions that (I thought) were unnecessary.
I’ve heard a lot of mixed things about “Eragon”, and I have to say that for me it isn’t worth the time. I just had other things that I wanted to read more. I need to stress that this is simply my opinion. I know people who enjoyed the book and would recommend it to others. I’m not sure if maybe the book gets better towards the end, but I’m not going to find out.

3 comments:

  1. I agree...Sydney White was a cute adaptation. Much better than I expected it to be! :)

    There's an award waiting for you at my blog. Feel free to play along or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same reaction to Eragon, I didn't understand the hype, but if kids enjoy it and it gets them reading it is a good thing I guess. I have The Graveyard Book on my TBR pile, but I am frustrated by a lack of time, I am looking forward to starting it though. Great blog by the way, I look forward to reading more of your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book Pusher-
    The Graveyard Book is just so unique. I hope you find time to read it soon!
    I'm glad you've enjoyed what I've posted so far.

    ReplyDelete