April 7, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays


"PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES"
by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
Excerpt from page 14:
"Some wore gowns so tattered as to render them scandalous; other wore suits so filthy that one would assume they were assembled from little more than dirt and dried blood. Their flesh was in varying degrees of putrefaction; the freshly stricken were slightly green and pliant, whereas the longer dead were grey and brittle- their eyes and tongues long since turned to dust, and their lips pulled back into everlasting skeletal smiles."

Teaser Tuesdays was started by MizB on her blog. On Teaser Tuesdays participants are asked to grab the book they are currently reading and open it to a random page. Then fist two "teaser" sentences on that page between lines 7 and 12. The key is to entice readers to pick up the book without giving away any spoilers.

8 comments:

  1. So does the author take the original Pride and Prejudice and then add a zombie story, or is a whole new book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a great teaser. How about those smiling zombies? Gotta love em! My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first heard about this book, I thought it was a joke! Great teaser....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I saw your comment on the Teaser Tuesday blog. I had to come over here and check it out. I still don't know what to make of it but I am going to look this book up now.

    Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Borders clerk told me they can't keep this book on the shelf. I don't know if I'll read it but...hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't read zombie books, but I'm curious about how the storyline is affected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I'm not a huge zombie book reader myself (in response to Alyce), but I was totally intrigued by the concept.
    I have to admit that Therubycanary has the best description of the text so far. I am half way through the text and it seems like the exact same story with zombies randomly thrown into the mix.

    ReplyDelete