September 22, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays

"Monstrumologist"
Rick Yancey
Excerpt from page 14:

Upon the table lay a young girl, her body partially concealed by the naked form wrapped around her, one massive leg thrown over her torso, and arm draped across her chest. Her white burial gown was stained with the distinctive ochre of dried blood the source of which was immediately apparent: Half her face was missing, and below it I could see the exposed bones of her neck.

So far I am loving this book. It is definitely not for the faint of heart, but is perfect for someone looking to be scared and maybe even a little grossed out. It is perfect for the R.I.P. IV Book Challenge I am participating in and is making me want to put up my Halloween decorations!

Teaser Tuesdays was started by MizB on her blog. On Teaser Tuesdays participants are asked to grab the book they are currently reading and open it to a random page. Then fist two "teaser" sentences on that page between lines 7 and 12. The key is to entice readers to pick up the book without giving away any spoilers.

10 comments:

  1. Wait till you get to the chapter set in the insane asylum . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is intense, a little too intense for me, but happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was a heck of a teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely a very intense, slightly disturbing teaser! Mine is a bit lighter ;)! I may take a look at it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic teaser. I will add this to my list for the R.I.P. IV challenge. Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/to-be-king-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! Have fun reading the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepy teaser! Sounds like a gripping book, but I think I'm too much of a wimp to handle it.
    Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeewwww! Quite a teaser you have there.

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I'm going to have to check that one out!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That made me feel a little woozy! Maybe not my kind of book, glad you're enjoying though.

    ReplyDelete