September 10, 2009

Thursday Update

Today is a big day! It is my first day of classes for my last semester of my graduate degree! I have been in school for far too many years in a row. I am so excited to have only 3 more months left.
In book related news, I have already completed 3 books for the R.I.P IV Challenge (in the order I completed them): "Shiver", "City of Glass", and "From Dead to Worse". I will probably finish "My Soul to Take" by the end of the week, so I'll have met that goal of the challenge already. This does not mean I will stop reading books for the challenges, I want to read at least 2 more for me to review! I should probably start focusing on the short stories... that might be a good game plan!
I watched "28 Days Later" for the first time in years and I forgot how awesome it was. That movie has everything going for it. The plot is great, you root for the characters the whole movie, the music is wonderful, and the cinematography just adds to the horror of it all! I don't care if people think the idea of being infected with rage is stupid, because I think it sounds pretty scary to me.
I really wanted to write more, but I have so much to do before my classes start today. Happy Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That is a BIG day, congrats on beginning your final year. Very exciting. Congrats also on knocking out 3 books plus short stories for the R.I.P. challenge thus far. You are rocking it! Despite your soon to be increasing workload I hope you can squeeze some more spooky story reading in.

    I love 28 Days Later. It is one of the most perfect scary movies ever made, in my opinion. We watched it not long ago with my daughter, who hadn't seen it. It is so well done, and perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete