September 30, 2009

"My Soul To Take" is Mysterious

"My Soul To Take"
Rachel Vincent


4

Synopsis: She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…


I thought this book was really original. I had heard a little bit about the myths that this story is based off of, but I honestly knew very little. I really enjoyed learning about Kaylee's "gift" and the supernatural world surrounding her. Even though I liked Nash's character, for some reason I was really drawn to Todd. I just found him a bit more interesting; it is probably because he is more mysterious. Vincent kept me guessing throughout the whole book, I honestly had no idea who or what was responsible for the deaths of the teenage girls until it was revealed at the end. I may have figured out some of the twists before they happened, but not the one that mattered most.

Vincent did a great job creating multiple layers to the plot leaving plenty of room for more books. I feel like "My Soul To Take" just skimmed the surface of a world that gets darker as it goes deeper. I hope we learn more about both Kaylee and Nash's families in future books. I am really excited for the next book in the series "My Soul To Save". I would post the synopsis on here, but it would give things away for people who haven't read "My Soul To Take". Learn more about the second book and read the prequel Novella to the series, "My Soul To Lose", here.

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I really need to read this! It sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a really great book! I hope you find time to read it.

    ReplyDelete