October 14, 2012

Review of Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Pub. Date: July 3, 2012
Pages: 292
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Short and Sweet Synopsis:  The story of Tiger Lily told through Tinker Bell with some romance between Peter Pan and jealousy over Wendy.  P.S.  This book is a harsh, realistic twist on the fantastical Neverland.

Another book with huge hype... I don't really know what to say about it. While I liked this spin on Peter Pan, especially with the emphasis on Tiger Lily, it moved slow. It took me about 100 pages to get into the story. While the book felt slow while reading, a lot happened and it was almost hard to take in everything.  It had a realistic love story (yes I said realistic when talking about a Peter Pan spin off) and I do appreciate that in most books, but for some reason I wanted a little bit more romance.  I have a feeling that the problem was not with the book, but that my expectations of "Tiger Lily" did not match the reality.

I just feel kind of confused about it because there was so much I liked, but it just dragged while reading it.  I wish I had read this for a book group so I could have talked out my confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment