October 21, 2012

Review: Unwind Neal Shusterman


Unwind by Neal Shusterman
Pub. Date: November 6, 2007
Pages: 335
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Short and Sweet Synopsis: Parents can now decide that between the ages of 13-18 teens can be unwound, a process that takes the child's organs and transplants them into other people.  Three teens with different backgrounds, whether by their choice or their parents, are going through the unwinding procedure- this is their story.  

"Unwind" is amazing. I read this book a month or so ago and I still can't stop thinking about it! You may have seen me around the library having conversations about this book with staff. I have read a lot of dystopian, but I found myself completely unsettled by this book. There was a part that was making me sick to my stomach because it was so horrifying- it may be the most terrifying part of any book I have ever read.

While this is a teen book, I think any book group could read this book and have a lively discussion for hours. It touches upon some very interesting issues that politicians have been arguing about for decades (if not longer).


No comments:

Post a Comment