October 15, 2012

Review: Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach


Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach
Pub. Date: June 1, 2011
Pages: 311
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"Stupid Fast" is an interesting book. My ideas of the book and what the book actually was did not mix at all. I was under the impression this book was about a kid who discovered that he was great at sports and became an amazing football player with a side plot of some family issues. While Felton being a football player and an athlete is part of the plot, the main focus of the novel is the crumbling of his family. I think I was even told this book had humor in it, but I don't remember myself laughing.

Another reason I wasn't the biggest fan of this book was that I found parts unbelievable. I just didn't believe that the characters would act the way they did. They were too mature for high school students. I am not saying that no high school students are mature, I actually know many teens that are more mature than adults, but to have a town full of teens all willing to do the right thing just felt forced. Maybe I am just becoming a cynical "spinster". ;)

Overall the book was good, I read it in a few hours, but it wasn't what I was in the mood for.

No comments:

Post a Comment